Blood of the Fold
Welcome to BotF's new Home!

Big thanks to Moe for gettin us together on this one Very Happy

If you havn't regestered get to it!

Guildies once you've registered be sure to leave an introduction, and check out some of the more important topics such as "souls night" and "ranting"

~ Rift-Walker farao
Blood of the Fold
Welcome to BotF's new Home!

Big thanks to Moe for gettin us together on this one Very Happy

If you havn't regestered get to it!

Guildies once you've registered be sure to leave an introduction, and check out some of the more important topics such as "souls night" and "ranting"

~ Rift-Walker farao
Blood of the Fold
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shed your blood for us. Or share your humor.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rift
Admin
Rift

Character sheet
Level:
20120 Left_bar_bleue199/20020120 Empty_bar_bleue  (199/200)
Frigost Dungeons:
20120 Left_bar_bleue4/820120 Empty_bar_bleue  (4/8)

20120 Empty
PostSubject: 20120   20120 EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 pm

Craig Mayer
English 101

I am of the firm belief that life can be put into an equation. This equation is all encompassing and unbreakable. However it is also just short of infinitely long. Because I believe that any event can be explained by quoting portions of this equation, I believe all events are predictable. In short, if one knew everything from the past, he or she may use this knowledge to “foresee” all future events. Now assuming that Nostradamus didn’t know everything that took place before his time, his predictions couldn’t possibly be one hundred percent accurate. However I believe that he did realize that there are far to many variables to be specific, and took precautions in his work so as not to imply he was a seer. I don’t know if he believed or even conceptually thought about an equation of life, but I think it is safe also to assume he knew that in its solution there were bound to be many redundancies. I believe Nostradamus’ success as a “prophet” is warranted due to his ability to foresee repetitions, particularly ones of destruction and chaos. I have studied some particularly interesting views on his work, with specific interest in his 2012 armageddon theories.
Michel de Nostredame (December 13, 1503 – July 1, 1566) was born in Saint-Remy-de-Provence in the south of France. A son of a prosperous and well known grain dealer, Nostredame was brought up as a Catholic. Not much is known of his childhood, however at age fifteen he began study for his baccalaureate in the liberal arts at the University of Avignon. A year later the school closed due to the (Bubonic) plague. Nostredame disappeared off history’s radar until 1529 when he continued his studies at the University of Montpellier. In pursuit of his doctorate in medicine he was swiftly expelled once rumor found he had spent some eight years prior traveling the countryside as an apothecary, in search of herbal remedies. Deemed a “manual trade” this profession had been banned in the university statutes, and Nostredame discontinued his studies and returned to his herbal remedies. His name reappears in association with the “rose pill” widely believed to have effectively tapered the effects of the plague. In 1531 Nostredame traveled to Agen in southwestern France to be with a leading renaissance advocate by the name of Jules-Cesar Scaliger. Nostredame married and birthed two children while in Agen, although there are no record his children’s names, or that of his spouse. His children and his wife passed in 1543, the plague resurfacing in his life yet again. Nostredame began traveling thereafter, through France and parts of Italy. In 1547 he settled down in Salon-de-Provence where he married Anne Ponsarde Gemelle, a rich widow, and had six children. In 1550, after a further visit to Italy and a change of study from medicine to occult, his first published work surfaces. In this almanac for 1550 (a trendy publish) he first Latinized his name from Nostredame to Nostradamus. It was his success that encouraged him to continue to his prophetic works. Taken together they are known to contain 6,338 prophecies as well as at least eleven annual calendars.
“In the year 1999 and seven months the Great, King of terror shall come from the sky. He will bring to life the king of The Mongols. Before and after, Mars reigns happily.” C10 Q 72
“During the appearance of The Bearded Star, the three great princes will be made enemies. The shaky peace on earth will be struck fire from the skies. Po, The winding Tiber, a serpent placed on the shore.” C2 Q4
“Mabus will soon die, Then will come a horrible slaughter of people and animals. At once vengeance revealed coming from a hundred hands. Thirst and famine when The Comet shall pass.” C2 Q72
“After a great misery for mankind, an ever greater approaches. The great cycle of the centuries renewed, it will rain blood, milk, famine, war disease. In the sky will be seen a great fire dragging a trail of sparks.” C2 Q46
“There will appear towards the seven stars of Ursa Minor and Polaris. Not far from Cancer, The Bearded Star Susa, Siena, Boeotia, Great Rome will die, the night having vanished.” C6 Q6
“The Great Star will blaze for seven days, The Cloud will cause two suns to appear. The Huge dog will howl at night when the great pontiff will change lands.” C2 Q41
Many correlations are drawn from this series of prophecies to astrological movements, ancient calendar and scripture. One source (Harry Walther) feels very strongly that Nostradamus should be heeded. On his website Satansrapture.com he has drawn many lines between Nostradamus’, NASA, and other studies including scripture from the catholic bible. A comet planet derived from Sumrian (called Nirbu), Egyptian (The planet of a million years) and Babylonian (Marduk, after the name of their god) culture is said to travel past earth on its orbit in great intervals over several thousand years. “King of terror from the sky”, “The Comet” and “... a great fire dragging a trail of sparks” could all be references to a returning comet, bent on destruction of our planet. Many references to world powers can also be associated by “king of The Mongols” (China), “Huge dog” (Britain) and “Pontiff” (The Vatican). Another notable astrological aspect is derived from Greek culture: Mars the god of war. The planet mars is closer to the earth today than it has been in the last 60,000 years.
JULY 1999: war in Serbia.
SEPT 1999: Palestinians launch "Intifada", a series terror attacks against Israel.
SEPT 11 2001: Terrorists planes bomb the World Trade Centers.
NOV 2001: USA begins a “war against terror” in Afghanistan.
MARCH 2003: USA & Britain go to war against Saddam in Iraq.
JAN 1 2005: Terror attacks and war rage across Iraq.
JAN 1 2005: Iran and North Korea pursue nuclear weapons programs.
NOV 23 2010: N Korea shells S Korea killing 4.
NOV 28 2010: USA and S Korea show of force response.
“…Mars reigns happily”.
With the intent of depicting international worry I interviewed 5 people from different parts of the globe including the US, Lithuania, Denmark, Sweden and Brazil. Each had a different opinion but they all agreed on one thing: apparently it’s a big deal. Jesper (Denmark) and Robin (Sweden) both agreed that nothing can be predicted. Both also agreed that if that time comes, they will take it head on with no preparation. “You mean like stocking up on beer? Nah if it comes to that I'll brew it myself” said Jesper. Robin also had some worldly advice: “I am living one day at [a] time … taking things as they come.” On a similar note Ricardo (Brazil) said “It’s so very mysterious... I think the world will be surprised [xD] I also think they are exaggerating a lot ... The 2012 movie is crazy, [I have never seen anything] more exaggerated…” Senelis (Lithuania) completely expels the idea: “Planet x coming and some bullshit…” he says with some conviction. It’s apparent that if something does happen, many people have chosen to wait for it to happen as opposed to preparing for it. However Thomas (Oregon) is indeed preparing for the worst. “I don[‘]t believe the war is over...but rather were getting into a false [sense] of [security] ... that the predictions from[Nostradamus], biblical predictions, as well as the clock ticking on the [Incan] [calendar] are all getting ready to hit us hard” says he. “Well [I’ve] saved up about 3000 rounds...plenty of guns, [enough] food and water to last me and my family about 2 years.” This topic is no joke when it comes to human kind’s survival, and there are those who will do anything to protect that idea. When it comes to armageddon theory most people have heard of Nostradamus, and all of those people have an opinion.
Everything about prophecy is questionable. Did Nostradamus predict doom because of his history with the Bubonic plague? Was he swayed by doomsday predictions in the Catholic bible? How much did he actually know about astronomy? Was his writing really for fame and fortune? Why is it that his name arises after every violent act on the human race? Although Nostradamus did not date many of his prophecies it’s interesting to note that in many cases what he has written is easily associated with our time. Is the reason everyone knows his name because it’s easy to place faith in his prophecy after an event occurs? Even more interesting is that Nostradamus theory appears right around the time that Incan/Aztec calendar ends. As easy it may be to dismiss prophecy, the supposed end of the world really caught on, even sparking a movie. Talk of government secrets and underground bunkers has risen and families are closer than ever. One thing is for sure, Nostradamus is bound to be right eventually, he is a prophet in a timeless sense and we do need to stick together before the time comes that he is right.

Works Cited:
Sweden, Robin. Personal interview. 10 Dec. 2010.
Denmark, Jesper. Personal interview. 10 Dec. 2010.
Lithuania, Selenis. Personal interview. 10 Dec. 2010.
Oregon, Thomas. Personal interview. 10 Dec. 2010.
Brazil, Ricardo. Personal interview. 10 Dec. 2010.
N B Staff. "U.S. to Display Military Force for North Korea Sunday." NewsBusters. N.p., 26 Nov. 2010.
Web. 10 Dec. 2010. <http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2010/11/26/
open-thread-us-display-military-force-north-korea-sunday>.
Wiki page. Nostradamus. Wikipedia, 10 Dec. 2010. Web. 10 Dec. 2010. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Nostradamus>.
Walther, Harry. "Nostradamus, Asteroid Impact 2012 AD & The Comet Planet." Rev. of Quatrains of
Nostradamus. Satons Rapture. SATANSRAPTURE.COM, n.d. Web. 10 Dec. 2010.
<http://www.satansrapture.com/nostra2012.htm>.

to Texmex : hey i need your help
from Texmex : okay
to Texmex : lemme grp you
from Texmex : but but i'm in a group with awesome Tj
to Texmex : thats fine lemme get an invite :p
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok TJ i have to ask you to hold off until herman is done
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : lol i can do that. seeing hermans veiw on it will be more then worth the wait
(Group) Rift-Walker : Herman im doing an interview on 2012 armagedon
(Group) Rift-Walker : may I ask you a few questions?
(Group) Texmex : whats that
(Group) Rift-Walker : first off, may i include your name and where your from in my paper
(Group) Texmex : what is that armegeddon stuff ?
(Group) Rift-Walker : the 2012 predictions? like comet hitting earth and ww3
(Group) Texmex : ahh that stuff
(Group) Rift-Walker : aztecs and nostradamus and such
(Group) Texmex : why didn't you just say that right away
(Group) Rift-Walker : lol its part of the interview
(Group) Rift-Walker : may i include your name and where your from?
(Group) Texmex : ye you can incude what ever you wan't but you have to take my favorite sex position too
(Group) Rift-Walker : I will and its gonna be posted on the BotF website
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok question one:
(Group) Texmex : iight
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : i knew you wouldnt disapoint me moe
(Group) Rift-Walker : Do you know anything about the 2012 predictions acording to the aztecs or nostradamus?
(Group) Texmex : first things first ... i like Doggy style and the 69 if shes shaved
(Group) Texmex : a little bit
(Group) Rift-Walker : I dont mind hair.
(Group) Texmex : something about the 23. decemeber 2012
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : i go off of smell not hair
(Group) Rift-Walker : question 2: With all the war and strife going on in the world now, do you feel that the predictions are already satified, or that there is more to come?
(Group) Texmex : i don't belive all that much in predictions
(Group) Texmex : i guess thats a no right
(Group) Rift-Walker : right :p
(Group) Rift-Walker : question 3: Are you doing anything to prepare for 2012?
(Group) Texmex : you mean like stocking up on beer ?
(Group) Rift-Walker : ye and guns and stuff
(Group) Texmex : nah if it comes to that i'll brew it myself
(Group) Rift-Walker : haha right on C: i knew i could count on you

(Group) Otto-Lpzig : Well, my name is Ricardo and im from Brazil
(Group) Rift-Walker : cool ^^
(Group) Rift-Walker : Do you know anything about the 2012 predictions acording to the aztecs or nostradamus?
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : I just know that 2012 is the end of aztecs calendar... xD
(Group) Rift-Walker : thats right :p anything about the end of te world
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : wait im trying to translate some words xD
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : gimme a sec
(Group) Rift-Walker : thats fine C:
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : i think it wont be enviroiment (idk how to type it xD) troubles or natural cause.. it will be people mental problems like depression, sadness, suicide.. (LOL), ppl will get crazy xD
(Group) Rift-Walker : C: good answer
(Group) Rift-Walker : question 2: With all the war and strife going on in the world now, do you feel that the predictions are already satified, or that there is more to come?
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : Its so very mysterious... I think the world will be surprised xD I also think they are exaggerating a lot ... The 2012 movie is crazy, the thing I have ever seen more exaggerated about 2012
(Group) Rift-Walker : agreed!
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : oops i said wrong ITs so mysterious*
(Group) Rift-Walker : It's or It is Very Happy
(Group) Rift-Walker : very good
(Group) Rift-Walker : last question Very Happy
(Group) Otto-Lpzig : Not really, I just will live my life as long as I can Very Happy
(Group) Rift-Walker : i like that attitude Very Happy
(Group) Rift-Walker : thank you so much mate Very Happy

(Group) Rift-Walker : Give me some info about yourself that you dont mind sharing like your name and where your from
(Group) Wisel : well...My name is Robin and I'm from sweden
(Group) Rift-Walker : thank you Very Happy
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok question 1:
(Group) Wisel : well..I have not read anyhting bout that...Cause I dont believe in things like that..The only thing I have heard is that they believe 2012 is the end of world
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok great :p
(Group) Wisel : but Nostradamus is a good song with Judas priest
(Group) Rift-Walker : yes, so you think that thing are going to be even more violent?
(Group) Rift-Walker : oop hold up
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : 64%
(Group) Wisel : no, it is not satified anywhere...wars will never stop
(Group) Wisel : cause Human kind are greedy and just want more more
(Group) Rift-Walker : excelent i like that opinion i dont have that yet
(Group) Wisel : and I believe
(Group) Rift-Walker : oop go ahead
(Group) Wisel : and I believe that is more shit that is going than we know bout
(Group) Rift-Walker : I agree lol
(Group) Rift-Walker : how about question 3?
(Group) Rift-Walker : so you are prepairing then?
(Group) Wisel : rreparing for what?
(Group) Texmex : the end
(Group) Wisel : nope
(Group) Rift-Walker : 2012, are you getting ready for the ed?
(Group) Rift-Walker : lol ok
(Group) Rift-Walker : good answer :p
(Group) Wisel : I am living one day at the time
(Group) Rift-Walker : sweet thanks man Very Happy
(Group) Rift-Walker : thats all i got Very Happy
(Group) Wisel : taking things as they come

to Senelis : could i interview you about 2012? its just three questions Very Happy
from Senelis : hmm ok
(Group) Rift-Walker : First of all any info about your name or where your fromthat you care to share
(Group) Rift-Walker : I dont need it, just for the sake of my bibliography
(Group) Senelis : lithuania.
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok next:
(Group) Rift-Walker : “Do you know about any of the predictions made about the year 2012?
(Group) Senelis : yes
(Group) Senelis : planet x coming and some bullshit
(Group) Rift-Walker : with all the war and strife currently going on, do you think these predictions have een satisfied or is there more to coe?
(Group) Rift-Walker : come*
(Group) Rift-Walker : been*
(Group) Senelis : ow well i am not so good in english ^^
(Group) Rift-Walker : ok how about this: are you doing anything about 2012? setting up defence? storing food?
(Group) Senelis : nope
(Group) Senelis : i dont care about it Smile
(Group) Rift-Walker : lol ok man Very Happy thanks a bunch i will post my paper on my guild website so that you can read it and ill send you a link C:
(Group) Senelis : k^^

(Group) Blackmagic-gal : well im from oregon...and do you need my name?
(Group) Texmex : Thomas Norton
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : right
(Group) Rift-Walker : lol
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : ok well shoot your questions
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : unless your willing to put up with a rant
(Group) Rift-Walker : long as it fits on one page im fine with it
(Group) Texmex : Tj's walls are filled with predictions about the end of the world hes got a 400 square feet bunker under the house stocked to the roof with canned gods
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : of course. there time calander is to this day more acurate then our own time. but unlike our time they counted backwards...and the time ends on 2012
(Group) Rift-Walker : thank you and:
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : but it wasnt just the incans and myans that had this down...the egyptians also had the same calander
(Group) Rift-Walker : that is true.
(Group) Rift-Walker : anything about nostradomus?
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : nostradomus had the prediction but he didnt have the time set as to when it would happen. however the things predicted were much worse then just a big bomb and the end of days.
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : he predicted canablism in the streets, famine and deformities among birth
(Group) Rift-Walker : lol Tj is writing a lot :p
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : i dont believe the war is over...but rather were getting into a false sence of sacurity...that the predictions from notradomis, biblical predictions, as well as the clock ticking on the incan calander are all getting ready to hit us hard
(Group) Texmex : you know Tj
(Group) Rift-Walker : yes, so you think that thing are going to be even more violent?
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : but i dont beleive that we will have a nuc war...i think those days have come and passed
(Group) Rift-Walker : ready for question 3?
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : i think life will not be like it is now...that we will end up focusing more on serviving then who is the top modle
(Group) Rift-Walker : i like that, you do have a good point, change of focuz
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : if i answer that question will you poke fun at me?
(Group) Rift-Walker : I wont, Im not gonna speak for herman and wisel though :p
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : lol
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : well ive saved up about 3000 rounds...plenty of guns, anough food and water to last me and my family about 2 years
(Group) Rift-Walker : So you are taking this seriously
(Group) Blackmagic-gal : of course. better to be made fun of the dead right?
(Group) Rift-Walker : fair enough thanks mate Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blood of the Fold :: Misc. :: Talk about nothing ... or everything-
Jump to: